Libraries open up a whole world of wonder, education, and exploration for everyone in the family. Our team at Crème de la Crème of Coppell understands the importance of having a library available for access to a variety of resources, including fiction and nonfiction books, e-books and audiobooks, and educational programs. Explore this list of the best ways to take advantage of your local library in Coppell, Texas.
The Coppell library, called the Cozby Library and Community Commons, offers an extensive menu of services for children, including over 1,000 books for kids before kindergarten. Staff at this library have a list of suggested reads for youngsters and also provide a virtual story time.
Parents can check out early literacy or discovery backpacks, kids can enjoy playing board games and puzzles, and the whole family can participate in scheduled events. Kids reading, playing board games, and being involved with library events can work up quite an appetite. Refuel your family’s bodies by stopping at any of these amazing plant-based restaurants in the Coppell area.
Teenagers will appreciate browsing through the library staff’s suggested reads for middle schoolers and high school students in the teen services section. Aspiring artists can check out Teen Craft Kits to work with at home, and the staff will replace any materials used in the creation of the art and craft projects.
In addition to craft kits and the wide variety of fiction and nonfiction books aimed at middle and high schoolers, kids in this category can also check out jigsaw puzzles, Braille games, and cardboard cutouts that make a fun surprise for any teen’s party.
The Cozby Library and Community Commons also offers a range of services for adults. You’ll find suggested readings and bestsellers in a variety of genres, and adults will have access to the Library of Things section. Here, you can check out diverse items such as musical instruments, field equipment such as binoculars, home energy meters, GoPro cameras, and repair kits.
Research and E-Learning
Adults and young adults will appreciate having access to the comprehensive research and e-learning resources offered at this Coppell library, including:
- Business resources: You’ll find help with legal forms, documents on business management, and files on business leadership.
- Lifelong learning: Use this e-learning resource to learn a new language, start a hobby, get career advice, or continue your interests or education in a variety of topics.
- Health and medicine: In this section, you’ll find a collection of resources related to mainstream and holistic medicine and wellness.
- Homework and study resources: Teens, young kids, and adults going to school will have access to homework, studying, and research resources in this e-learning section. Example resources include National Geographic Kids and the LearningExpress Library.
If you have an e-reader or other mobile device, you’ll have access to several of the library’s digital services, as long as you have a valid Coppell Public Library card. These services include:
- Biblio and the Cloud Library: Download the Biblio app, and you can borrow e-books and audiobooks to read or listen to. Your device must support Adobe Digital Editions to use this service.
- Flipster: This is a digital magazine service that lets you access popular magazines on your computer, tablet, or cellular phone.
- ComicsPlus. Comic book aficionados will enjoy having access to thousands of digital comic books, graphic novels, and manga for a wide audience when they download ComicsPlus, which is powered by the Library Pass app. You’ll need to get Library Pass from the Apple Store or Google Play and log in with your library card.
- TumbleBook library: Young kids can enjoy e-books through the TumbleBook library, which provides access to an online collection of animated or talking storybooks, chapter books, and nonfiction books designed for children. Youngsters can also access online games, puzzles, videos, and even language classes through TumbleBook.
Computers and Printing Services
Whether you have a laptop or not, with your library card, you can use Wi-Fi, the printing services, one of the library’s collections of laptops, or the computer station to do homework, research, or access other digital services. You can also print wirelessly from any web-enabled device either at the library or from home, work, or school. To use wireless printing remotely, simply download the PrinterOn app. and you can save documents for future printing.
Crafters can utilize information taught in the library’s online craft tutorials. Learn how to cross-stitch, read a cross-stitch pattern, or do faux water coloring with these tutorials. Before you sit down to watch the videos, check out a Teen or Adult Craft Bag from the library when they’re available. As you watch the Cozby Library Craft Videos Playlist, you’ll follow along with the supplies provided in the craft bags to create your masterpiece.
Cozby Library and Community Commons Location and Hours
The following information will help you plan your visit to the Cozby Library and Community Commons:
Location: 177 N. Heartz Road in Coppell.
Regular Library Hours:
Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The library’s lobby opens at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Check the website for special holiday hours and drive-through window hours.
Aren’t we fortunate to have access to so many resources offered at the Cozby Library and Community Commons? With children, teen, and adult services, hundreds of book titles, and an extensive digital library, your library card will offer you and your family hours of education and entertainment. Is there a special part of the library you use we missed here? If so, let us know so our team at Crème de la Crème of Coppell can share your information with others in our Coppell, Texas, community.